Your sponsorship directly supports an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities by covering the costs associated with the program.SPONSOR A STUDENT
Sponsor a Student
Help Create Purpose
Melly’s Market + Café is an AODA-accessible, non-profit development facility located at 1022 Brock Street South in Whitby. Through our state-of-the-art café, we offer the Melly’s Development Program. Our program is a hands-on, interactive learning experience facilitated by professional educators with more than 20 years of experience educating adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Our program contains over 16 customized modules:
- Personalized education customized for needs and learning style
- In-class, in-person, hands-on coaching and education
- Retail and customer service experience
- Social and Team Building Participation
- A safe and inclusive environment
- Food, Cleaning, Health, Hygiene and Safety Training
- Food & Beverage Preparation and Service
- Career Planning
- Community Inclusion in Durham Region
- Peer Mentoring
- Advocacy and Agency Centred
- Awards, Incentives, Fun and Friendship
Graduates will leave our program ready to share their skills in their community, at work and home.
Each participant also receives individualized career planning and mentorship. After graduation, friendships and connections are supported through ongoing social and community events offered at the café.
Your sponsorship allows an adult to take part in the program and receive employment mentorship after graduation. It's an incredible gift that will help them grow and excel in their community, home and life.