Melly’s Market + Café is a registered charity and social enterprise that provides a training environment for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to learn about working and develop their skills in a Café and Market open to the public.
Our participants have joined our program to build transferable employment skills, develop their confidence and self-advocacy skills in the workplace, and plan their career goals.
Each participant receives a comprehensive training and development strategy customized and aligned to their needs, abilities and goals.
Our café is open to the public, and participants receive authentic learning opportunities as they move between the cafe, Market, kitchen and development room.
As a coach, you work with our participants to develop their skills and knowledge of the workplace. You are passionate about inclusion and people of all abilities having the opportunity to contribute and find work that matches their skills and abilities.
You’d be GREAT for this role if you:
- Have a background in teaching, training, leading and/or coaching others
- Are a naturally curious person and enjoy learning about people and looking for ways in which you can help
- Thrive in environments where things are constantly changing, and you have to think on your feet and be creative
- Have excellent communication skills
- Consider yourself a “people person” and enjoy meeting others
- Are patient and stay calm under pressure
- Have a passion for creating more opportunities within the disability community
- Are a natural leader and excellent executer
***Bonus points if you have a background in coffee
Working as a Learning and Development Coach, you will:
- Know our menu inside and out and provide hands-on training and support in our café, Market, kitchen and development room
- Facilitate training and activities throughout the day in the café, kitchen and Market
- Assist with the development, updating and delivery of all training and development activities
- Document and provide reporting on the progress and opportunities for each participant
- Create new learning opportunities that help our participants build new skills
- Teach and mentor each participant and provide lots of positive support and guidance
Collaborate with participants to identify additional training needs and provide support
· Offer constructive feedback to ensure successful transitions and meet all parties' expectations
· Create effective strategies to support participants' employment journey.
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in the use of Apple products
- A demonstrated history of at least 1 year of work experience with team lead, supervisory, training or coaching responsibilities
- Current, clear criminal record check for the vulnerable sector (or the ability to obtain a current, clear criminal record check before beginning work)
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience or education in teaching, training or coaching
- Previous Experience with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Barista and coffee experience
- Experience in job coaching, interviewing, resume and cover letter creation
Demonstrated curiosity and a genuine interest in helping others.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and think creatively.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a genuine passion for meeting and engaging with diverse individuals.
· Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure
· Strong commitment to creating equal opportunities for individuals within the disability community
· Natural leadership qualities and exceptional execution skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour with opportunities for growth with increased responsibilities
Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and explaining why you are the perfect fit for the Learning and Development Coach position at Melly's Market + Café.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.