Melly’s Market + Café is looking for people to join our team that are passionate about inclusion and supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities as they work towards career and life goals.
Our café is open to the public and participants move between the cafe, market, kitchen and development room as they work through our expansive development program.
You’d be great for this role if you:
· Love teaching, training and coaching others
· Thrive in environments where things are constantly changing and you have to think on your feet and be creative
· Have excellent communication skills
· Consider yourself a “people person,” and enjoy meeting others.
· Are patient and stay calm under pressure
· Have a passion for creating more opportunities within the disability community
· Are a natural leader and excellent executer
Bonus points if you have a background in coffee!
This would be an ideal role for someone looking to gain more experience in teaching, training or coaching.
Working as a Learning and Development Coach, you will:
· Know our menu inside and out and provide hands-on training and support to each adult with disability in our training program and on the floor.
· Coach adults with disabilities through our Interactive Workplace Program, customizing the modules for each trainee.
· Develop activities (from a lesson plan) such as baking, drink making, merchandising, cleaning, health and safety that mimic the tasks completed as an employee of a busy cafe
· Teach and mentor each participant and providing lots of positive support and guidance
· Prepare daily progress reports for each trainee to Program Manager
· Instruct trainee on socially acceptable behaviors and personal development skills
· Coach adults with disabilities through our Drink Menu and POS system for our Interactive Workplace Program
Please note : This role is in partnership with Canada Summer Jobs and applicants must meet the following:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada.
· Experience working in a café or restaurant
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
· A demonstrated history of work experience with team lead, supervisory, training or coaching responsibilities
· Previous leadership experience
· Experience or education in teaching, training or coaching
· Previous experience with persons with intellectual and development disabilities
Starting at $17.00/hr
Apply with Resume and Cover Letter by emailing : email@example.com